How about some caffeine and liquor to give you the extra kick? You will not get insomnia or drunk on this, only a small quantity is added for the fragrance. Kahlua is a coffee-flavored rum-based liquor and it contains vanilla beans as well, no wonder is a favorite choice for making desserts.
Coffee Sponge Cake (7")
30g unsalted melted butter
3. Pour batter into a baking tin and bake on pre-heated oven at 160 degree Celsius for about 35-40 mins or until skewer come out clean.
4. Cool the cake and unmould, use a cake leveler to halve the cake.
120g frosty whip cream powder
120g cold water
1-2 tbsp Kahlua
1. Whisk the frosty whip with cold water until stiff peak and add in the Kahlua, you could adjust the amount according to how much of Kahlua taste you prefer. You could also use fresh whip cream (water not needed) instead of frosty whip cream powder. The reason I prefer the frosty whip cream powder is I can keep the package and use only the amount I need. You could purchase it from www.bakincookin.com.
2. Spread a thin layer of the Kahlua cream as the filling.
3. Gently place the top cake layer over the Kahlua cream filling and spread the remaining cream generously over the top.
4. Decorate the cake if you wish to. I made used of some dried pineapple flowers that I did over the weekend. Here are some websites I took as reference in case you are interested: