Pandan chiffon, this is the second recipe that I have tried. The first one although is good but is a tad drier, leaving a dry aftertaste. Blame it on my fussiness, others probably couldn't tell. Got this second recipe from a friend who attended a baking class to learn to make this. I love how light, spongy yet non-drying the cake texture is. So far besides Bangawan Solo, this is the best that I had. Thanks for sharing.
6 egg yolks (I use 55g egg)
60g castor sugar
Pinch of salt 2g
40g corn oil
72g coconut milk/ cream
108g cake flour (sieve)
2g Pandan paste (I used more)
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1) Hand whisk yolks, salt, sugar A, coconut milk, corn oil and Pandan paste and mix until smooth.
2) Machine whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy, add in sugar B gradually till
peak. Stop when hook shape is achieved.
3) Add sieved cake flour into yolk batter and mix until smooth.
4) Scoop 1/2 of white meringue onto the yolk batter and fold in gently with a spatula in one direction, be careful not to deflate the whites.
5) Scoop in the balanced 1/2 meringue into the yolk batter and fold in until smooth. Do not over fold.
6) Pour the batter into a chiffon tube pan, hold the pan firmly and give few bangs onto table to remove trapped bubbles.
7) Bake at pre-heated oven at 140 degree Celsius using top & bottom with fan mode at lowest rack for 50 mins. If your oven has no fan mode, set temperature to 160.
8) Cool the chiffon pan by turning it upside down with a stand below, you could use a bowl or can or cup as long as it is stable.
9) Once the cake is completely cooled, unmould.
Have you ever thought of the shape of half a chiffon cake actually looks like a rainbow bridge?
Look at what I have come up with half a chiffon cake?
Mixing the 7 colors with first and last band doubled the amount of cream.
What do you think? Like a 3D rainbow?
The 7 rainbow colored cream were piped without using any piping tip, I achieved it by trimming off the tip of the piping bags.
Packed my rainbow and off we go for celebration!