Irresistible aroma lingerings the entire house when baking this bread,
oh I am in love with this Focaccia bread deeply infused with rosemary fragrance.
100g Tangzhong (water roux method)
200g bread flour
20g milk powder (can be substituted by creamer)
10g castor sugar
4g instant dry yeast
TO BE ADDED LATER (at step 4)
20g extra virgin olive oil
FILLINGS TO BE BLENDED INTO DOUGH (at step 5)
10g fresh rosemary costs $1.95 from Cold Storage, contains about 4-5 sprigs. Pluck the leaves and discard stem, chop the rosemary but keep 1 sprig for toppings later
1/2 red onion (chop finely)
TOPPINGS (at step 10)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil infused with rosemary leaves
Cherry tomato (optional as garnish for bread cuppies)
1. Place wet ingredients first followed by the dry ingredients. Sugar place along the sides and at the center use finger to gently dig a shallow hole (don't go all the way touching the wet ingredients) and pour yeast into the hole.
2. Choose DOUGH function on bread machine, I am using Kenwood BM250 so function 8 for dough.
3. Dough function requires 1hr30min. Start the BM and it will mix for few mins and stop.
4. After 10mins at timer indicating "1hr20mins" the BM will start to knead again, at this point add in the 20g olive oil and 3g salt.
5. Once oil has been incorporated into the dough, add chopped rosemary and onions.
6. Leave the BM alone to let it finish it's job, this includes the 1st proof. When the BM is proofing, do not open the lid.
7. After 1hr30mins, the BM will beep that job is done. On a lightly floured top and flour your hands, remove dough from BM and gently punch the dough to release air and knead a bit. Dough is very sticky but this is normal. Shape it round and cover with cling wrap, 2nd proof requires 15 mins.
8. Brush your square baking tray with olive oil. Shape the dough into square shape and place it into the baking tray and gently spread to fit the tray shape. For me I wanted to try making some bread cuppies so I used a dough cutter to trim the 2 sides. After trimming, the dough becomes a square shape that goes into the baking tray. The sides I divide into 3 parts and place them onto cupcake liners on muffin tray.
9. Cover dough with cling wrap and proof for the 3rd time, requires 50mins or double the dough size.
10. Dip your index finger into the olive oil infused with rosemary and start to poke holes on the dough. The depth is about 1/2 inch deep. Brush the dough surface with olive oil infused with rosemary and sprinkle the rosemary as topping.
11. Bake at pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 20 mins.
1. If you are making bread cuppies, the dough should be about 1/3 of the liner height. After the 3rd proof it will raise to 2/3 height and will expand further when baking.
2. For Tangzhong (water roax) method, you could refer to Hearty Cranberry Cream Cheese Bun on how to do it (http://yukiecody.blogspot.sg/2012/10/hearty-cranberry-cream-cheese-bun.html). Amount needs to be adjusted accordingly.
3. If you do not have a BM, you can use a mixer and knead like how you did for normal bread.
4. Thanks to Jenia for sharing this wonderful recipe she found.