48g egg yolk (about 2 eggs)
92g castor sugar
50g veg oil
110g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
70g orange juice (from 1 orange)
10g lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
Orange zest (from 1 orange)
Lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
1/2tsp vanilla essence
180g egg white (about 2 eggs)
1/2tsp cream of tartar
30g castor sugar
Some preserved Sakura - optional
(pre-soaked for 2 hrs to remove the salt. Pat dry, leave it to air for few hours before using)
1. Pre-heat oven at 140 degree Celsius on top & bottom with fan mode.
2. Sift cake flour and baking powder, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk to mix ingredient A in the sequence of yolks, salt, sugar, juice, zest, oil and essence.
4. Add in the sifted flour.
5. Use a mixer to whisk ingredient B: egg whites and cream of tartar till foamy.
6. Gradually add in sugar to whisk until close to stiff peak, test the meringue it should form a hook shape.
7. Mix 1/2 the meringue into the yolk batter until combined.
8. FOLD in the balanced meringue gently, do not deflate the meringue.
9. Arrange the sakura on the tube pans. Pour the batter into 2 mini tube pans and smooth the surface with spatula.
10. Holding the tube pan firmly and lift up to bang the table to knock out the trapped bubbles.
11. Bake at lowest oven rack for about 35-40mins if using mini pans. If you are using a bigger pan, allow more time.
12. Invert the pans to cool the chiffon completely before unmould.
Tips on chiffon
Please refer to previous chiffon post at http://yukiecody.blogspot.sg/2013/05/cranberry-mixed-tea-chiffon.html