Thursday 13 September 2012

Balsamic Chicken with Butter Rice

I fell in love with balsamic vinegar when I was in Europe. I dipped my bread in it and used it as salad dressing for cherry tomato and mozzarella cheese. Over here mozzarella cheese is very expensive, it costs me about SGD7+ to get a small tub of 125g. The next time I go to Europe I will make sure I eat more of the cheese. One of the best deals I discovered is McDonald's salad cup. The salad comes in a cup and the toppings are 5 cherry tomatoes & 5 mozzarella cheese, it only cost me EUR1.99 if I remember correctly. Ask for balsamic vinegar dressing ;) Oh I had this at Austria, not too sure is it common in other parts of Europe. Ok back to recipes, recently I spotted this balsamic chicken recipe and it really taste good, have modified the recipe to share.


Balsamic Chicken
2 thighs or 3 drumsticks
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
4 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp olive oil

Methods
1. Marinate the chicken with 3/4 of the seasoning (vinegar, sugar and oil) for few hours or overnight.
2. Heat pan (using happycall pan) with a little oil and cook the chicken together with the marinating sauce over low fire.
3. Once the chicken is cooked, serve.
4. Pour the remaining 1/4 seasoning into the pan, once boiled drizzle the sauce over the chicken.

Note
(Recipe calls for 4 tbsp of olive oil but I only used 1/2 tsp as I don't want my dish to be so oily. It turns out fine)

Butter Rice
1.5 cup rice grain
1.5 cup water
30g butter
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1/3-1/2 carrot (grated)
1 tbsp golden raisin
1 cinnamon stick
Pinch of turmeric powder (as coloring)

Methods
1. Rinse rice grain.
2. In a rice cooker, add in rice grain, water, carrot, raisins and turmeric powder.
3. Heat pan with butter, once melted add garlic and saute till fragrant. Add cinnamon and give it a few good stirs before transferring to the rice cooker. Stir well and on the power of the rice cooker.
4. Once cooked, fluff the rice and serve.

Note
I am using the rice cooker's measuring cup to measure my rice grain & water.

No comments:

Post a Comment