Sunday 25 November 2012

Golf theme tiramisu cake for an avid golfer

Baking a cake for a professional baker is not easy, she is already so good and whatever I am going to bake will not be as good as her of course. The only option I have is to personalise the cake so that she can feel my sincerity and I believe she will, for every idea I had, she was in my thoughts. I started to conceptualize the design 2 weeks piror to her birthday. Did some research on internet on the types of golf bags and clubs, saving some of the photos into my phone as reference and started shopping for the ingredients. I have decided to make a tiramisu cake and complement with fondant deco. Yes I know fondant and wet cakes are No-No combination but it should be fine as long as we eat the cake quickly...hahaha. Oh yes I am quite stubborn when it comes to this area, I will insist on my way. Last Christmas I did a fresh cream cake with angry birds using fondant, had a few sleepless nights trying to think of how to maintain the dryness of the deco while keeping the cake cold. In the end I added the deco only before serving and viola! That solves the issue. But I wouldn't encourage you to do the same way as I did. It is definately safest to make a true fondant cake without the wet toppings (fresh cream/ tiramisu).

No comments:

Post a Comment