Sunday 24 June 2012

Peach Charlotte Ice-cream Cake

Weather is so hot lately and here's an ice-cream cake I made for my friend's birthday, just perfect for the killing weather. Is pretty easy, I modified the recipe for mango float to acheive this.


Ingredients

1 can nestle cream
1/2 cup condensed milk
225ml whip cream
1 can peach slices
1 pack of cream crackers
Ladyfingers
1/2-1 tbsp unsweetened coco powder
Grated cheese (optional, I used mixed mozarella & chedder cheese)
Spring form baking pan


Some ingredients that I used
Method
1) Whisk the whip cream till thick and smooth. From 225ml mark, I whisked till it reached almost to 600ml mark.

2) Mix nestle cream and condensed milk well. In fact I used slightly less than 1/2 cup condensed milk as the fruit that I am using is already sweet. You could adjust according to your desire for sweetness. If the mixture at this point is not smooth, use a seive before pouring into the whip cream. Use a spatula and to mix well.

3) Divide the mixture into 3 portions. 2 portions plain mixture and 1 portion add in the coco powder and mix well. You can add more if want a darker chocolate color.

4) Shorten the ladyfingers by halve and line a 8 inch springform tin. 
5) Cover the base with cream crackers. Lesson learnt is to break the crackers with a knife to fill up the odd edges. I tried using my hands to break the crackers and I ended up with undesired sizes. However if you are using a square tin, such problem will be minimised.


6) Cut the peaches into small pieces and line a layer on top of the cream crackers.  
7) Spread a layer of plain mixture on it.
8) Repeat step 5-6.

9) Spread the coco layer on top.
10) Repeat step 5.

11) Spread the plain mixture on top.

12) Sprinkle some grated cheese if you like.



13) Design your cake top with the balance peaches you have.


14) Cover the springform with foil and now is ready to freeze overnight transforming into ice-cream.


15) Before serve, leave it in room temperature for around 30mins otherwise it will be too icy hard to cut. Remove the ring from the spring form pan and if you like can tie a ribbon around the ladyfingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment