Thursday 4 October 2012

Call me a farmer

Stir fry garlic butter mushrooms
 
Yes! Call me a farmer, although I do not have green fingers. Most plants don't thrive under my care but looks like I am having brown fingers as my mushrooms are growing pretty well. This is the third harvest and it yields a healthy 80g of brown oyster mushrooms. The amount is not a lot but it does give me a sense of satisfaction and achievement to reap what I have sowed. There's a difference in the taste of my own mushrooms from those I purchased from market/ supermarket. I do not know what was added to the purchased pack, maybe preservative to make them last longer. They contain something that has a slightly unpleasant smell/ taste to it whereby you will not have that if you grow your own mushrooms.

Almost ready, able to harvest after work.

Look at the speed they grow, this was taken on the same day after 10 hours.

Weighing the harvested mushrooms


What do I do with the harvested mushrooms? Of course is to cook them right after they were freshly plucked from the log. Here's an easy and tasty recipe to cook your brown oyster mushrooms.

Ingredients
Mushrooms
A knob of butter
3 garlic cloves (minced)
Dash of salt, black pepper, dried mixed herbs

Methods
1. Melt butter in pan, saute the minced garlic till fragrant and stir fry the mushrooms.
2. Sprinkle with dash of salt, black pepper and dried mixed herbs.
3. DONE!

Isn't it easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment