Tuesday 28 May 2013

Banana Cupcake with Cocoa Frosting



 Banana cake (recipe modified from Yochana's)

Ingredients
180g unsalted butter
110-130g castor sugar (if you are using very ripe/sweet banana or frosting your cake, add 110g sugar)
2 large eggs (beaten lightly)
250g cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
220g bananas (mashed)
50g fresh milk
1 tsp vanila essence

Method
(1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
(2) Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
(3) Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence and mix well.
(4) Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only.
(5) Pour into cake liners till 3/4 full. I am using stiff muffin cup liners.

(6) Bake at pre-heated oven at 175 degree for about 20-25 mins or until test skewer come out clean. If you are baking a whole cake, with the same temperature and bake until browned or about 50-60 mins. 




Frosting
I am using fresh cream frosting but in order to allow my fondant stays for a couple of hours I used Frosty whip powder and lesser water than recommended. Not forgetting the unsweetened cocoa powder which I added until I get the taste and color that I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment