Thursday 2 May 2013

蔓越酶茶海绵蛋糕 Cranberry Mixed Tea Sponge Cake


蔓越酶茶香扑鼻,烘成海绵蛋糕味道绝佳
If you have read my post on the mixer saga you would have guess my next project is to bake something out of it. I did the same cake again just to test out how good is this new mixer. Using the balloon whisk I followed the instruction for the spongecake mix exactly like how I did previously. The balloon whisk managed to increase the volume fast and effortless.





Ingredient
150g Phoon Huat spongecake mix
3 eggs
30g unsalted melted butter
30g cranberry mixed tea (infused with the tea leaves of 3 Lipton mixed cranberry/strawberry/raspberry tea bags)
40g dried cranberries (sift with flour)

Method
1. Whisk spongecake mix, eggs and tea at high speed for 10mins. Reduce to medium speed and continue to whisk for 3-5mins.
2. Fold in melted butter.
3. Pour batter into a baking tin, I am using a 8x4 inch loaf tin. While doing so, sprinkle the dried cranberries into it and some to sprinkle on the top.
4. Pre-heated oven at 160 degree Celsius, bake for 30-40 mins. 

Tips
- You may infuse the teabags for as long as you want. I did it overnight before and also an instant version, frankly they don't really make much difference hahaha. The instant version took me 15mins, I infused the tea leaves with boiling hot water and covered for 5mins. Afterwhich I placed the cup with lid inside the freezer for 10mins to cool down.
- I pour in a little of the tea leaves as well to increase the level of flavour, not too much about 1 tsp.

Verdict?
The cake is softer using Kmix compared to my $29 Sharp mixer. Biased? Absolutely not, I am not deceiving myself, the cake texture is indeed softer. I am very happy with the result, enjoying the soft and fragrant sponge cake. Comparing to my previous machine, Kmix's bowl and beaters are easier to wash too ;)

2 comments:

  1. This cake must be tasted lovey with the mixed tea in it! Can I have a slice, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ann, this is my favorite flavour. Very aromatic. Sure, have as many slices as you like :)

      Delete