Monday 7 May 2012

Pumpkin prawn 金瓜奶油虾


I tried this dish at a zhi-char stall and it was delicious but unfortunately the stall has moved. To curb my craving, I tried to cook this and it turned out pretty close to the taste I want :)

Ingredients
8-10 medium size prawns
1/4 pumpkin
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
handful of curry leaves
1 red chilli (cut into slices)
1 tsp of salt

Methods
1) Remove heads from prawns, use scissors to slit open the shell and flesh like how you did for butterfly prawns and devein.
2) Cut pumpkin into small cubes and steam until soft
3) Mash the pumpkin using masher and set aside
4) Heat up pan and melt the butter
5) Stir fry prawns with garlic powder and add 2tbsp of pumpkin mesh before prawns are fully cooked
6) Stir in evaporated milk and mix well
7) Throw in curry leaves, chilli and salt. Stir fry awhile and serve

Notes
I used only 1/2 of the pumpkin mesh, balance mesh I freeze for future use.
You can add more or less of evaporated milk depends on how concentrated you want the gravy to be. Pretty flexible here.

No comments:

Post a Comment