Sunday 6 May 2012

Spinach in pumpkin sauce

It's a bird!
No, it's an egg!
No, it's a NEST!

Another day where I put on my creative hat, I love how it looks like a nest of eggs. I made used of a pack of frozen pumpkin puree which I did it previously for pumpkin prawns.



Ingredients
A pack of spinach
A slice of pumpkin (about 1/8 size of whole pumpkin)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
7 quail eggs
4 tbsp evaporated milk
Dash of salt
Cut chilli (ganishing - optional)

Methods
  1. Boil quail eggs and de-shell when cooled, set aside.
  2. Poach spinach in boiling water, drain the water and set aside the vegetables.
  3. Cut the pumpkin into small cubes and steam. Once the cubes turn soft, remove from steamer and mash into puree form.
  4. Heat the pan and sautee the minced garlic till fragant.
  5. Pour in pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, dash of salt and stir for awhile.
  6. Dish out and arrange according to your preference.
Notes
Spinach when cooked will turn the water into greenish colour, for some dishes I will retain the water as gravy. But for this dish the gravy is pumpkin puree hence I omitted the water from the spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment