Saturday 27 April 2013

Egg Drop Toasty Breakfast Cup

I woke up pretty early today, 7.30am compared to my usual timing for weekend and hubby was still in bed. That's unusual for him as his bio clock will kick him out of bed between 4-6am, nasty isn't it? Good to see him having extra snoozing hours and I decided not to laze on my bed and kick myself up to prepare breakfast. Today's menu will be a revisit to egg drop cup but an improved version.


The last round when I did the egg drop cup I used bacon but I didn't like it at all, it was way too salty. Ham will definitely be a better substitution to this.

Ingredient (2 pax portion)
2 bread slices
1 honey baked ham
2 eggs
1 cheese slice (using Kraft)
Pepper
Rosemary (optional)
Melted butter for greasing



Method
1. Cut away the bread crust (skin), make 4 slits at corner for easy fitting into ramekin bowls.
2. Grease the ramekin bowls and sit the bread in.
3. Add in cheese, 1/2 piece per ramekin.
4. Slice the ham into 8 portions and arrange 4 each nicely on top of the cheese.
5. Crack an egg into each ramekin, do not break the yolk.
6. Sprinkle some pepper and rosemary.
7. Bake at 170-180 degree Celsius for 15-20 mins or longer depends on how you prefer your egg to be.
8. Serve hot.


A beautiful Sunday to start off.


No comments:

Post a Comment