Tuesday 11 December 2012

Cupcakes into Cakecups

Boohoohoo, I failed my cupcake baking again. Out of 4 times this is the 3rd failure, I don't understand why fail...haiz... The cupcake liners were detached from the cakes and the height were uneven. Too ugly to give them as gift. I told myself no way I am going to present them in such a lousy stage, I have to think of a way out. Scratching my scalp, pulling my hair and suddenly I saw the light bulb *TING*..... I shall make them into cake cups, I will shave off the uneven top and place them into cups and decorate with cream. Yeah, with this new idea in mind I started to plan for the ingredients and the next few steps. I needed more time and luckily it was scheduled as a Sunday bake. One type of cream will be too boring and not colorful enough, I would have to make 2 different types of cream to bring out the look that I want.

 Simply love how pretty the rosette designs are. The design was piped using Wilton 1M tip.

 DIY some simple birthday tags as decoration.


Peach Cream cheese
200g cream cheese
2 tbsp peach puree
2.5tbsp icing sugar
Yellow food coloring

Whip cream
200g frosty whip cream powder
220g cold water
1 tsp rum essence

Method
Both method are the same, whip till sniff enough to pipe.
I used 16 cupcakes to make 8 cake cups.

Assemble
1. In a nice disposable cup, line a layer of cake. If the cake is not enough to fill up the cup base, cut the cake into half and leave a gap at the center.
2. Pipe the cream cheese at the center gap and also a thin layer on top.
3. The 3rd layer is whip cream, I practiced my rosette pipe on this layer since it will be a hidden layer.
4. Repeat above step 1-3 and remember to pipe a nice rosette using the last layer of whip cream.
5. Garnish with 2 thin slices of peach.

VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA! VIOLA!

 A mini birthday celebration for colleague!

No comments:

Post a Comment