Monday 17 December 2012

Pig Maw & Fish Maw Soup

I never harbor the thought of making pig maw (pig's stomach - zhu du) soup as the cleaning of the stomach is too much of a hassle I heard. But I changed my mind when I came to learn the supermarkets do carry cleaned & cooked pig maw. Wow, that will make my life a lot more easier to try cooking this soup. Over the weekend I have attempted the Dual Maw Soup (pig & fish maw):


Ingredient
1 pk of cleaned & cooked pig maw (about 250g)
1 pk of chicken backs (as stock)
1 piece of fish maw (pre-soak with hot water to soften)
4 chinese mushroom (pre-soak to soften)
2 slices of ginger
4-5 garlic cloves (peeled & slightly cracked)
1 tbsp white peppercorns
1/2 pot of water (I am using 24cm pot)
Salt









Method
1. Parboil chicken pieces to remove blood.
2. Boil 1/2 pot of water and add in all the ingredient except salt.
3. Boil for 5 mins then switch to low fire to simmer for 3.5 - 4 hours or until the pig maw are soften.
4. Add salt and serve.


Tips
You can adjust the level of spiciness, try the soup after you have boiled for 2hours and add more peppercorns if you find the level is too mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment